THE LIBRARY HOTEL
NEW YORK CITY | NEW YORK
NEIGHBORHOOd | MIDTOWN
WHAT TO KNOW
PROPERTY SIZE: 60 rooms
ROOM STYLE: Sophisticated
WHAT TO LOVE
Hotel Collection of 6,000 Books
Central NYC Location
Have definite plans? Save up to 20% off our Best Flexible Rates when you prepay for your reservation at the time of booking.
- Deluxe Daily Continental Breakfast
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Wine & Cheese Reception
- Access to the New York Sports Club
AT THE HOTEL
- Complimentary high speed wireless Internet throughout the hotel
- Complimentary access to New York Sports Clubs throughout Manhattan
- Complimentary newspapers including the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today available in the Reading Room or upon request
- Access to the Reading Room 24 hours a day with a selection of fresh brewed coffee, cappuccino, teas, water, cookies, and fruits
- Evening turndown service with bottled water and Belgian chocolates
- Ice available for delivery upon request
- Discounted parking available at ICON Parking (39th Street just east of Madison Ave)
- Concierge Services, including town cars, theatre tickets and restaurant reservations
- 24 hour Business Center featuring computer stations with printer located on the second floor
- DVD library of the American Film Institute’s top 100 films of the 20th Century
- Same day dry cleaning/laundry services for articles handed in before 9:00am, Monday to Saturday (Not available on Sundays & holidays)
IN YOUR ROOM
- In-room safe
- Complimentary wireless internet access
- Accommodating writing desk
- Two-line phones with voice mail
- Cable TV with premium channels
- DVD player with complimentary access to our DVD Library
- iHome radio/alarm clock/mp3 player
- Plush cotton robes and slippers
- Hair dryer
- Makeup/shaving mirror
- Gilchrist and Soames bath amenities
LUXWT Prime Review
By Haley Plotkin @readysetjetset
The Library Hotel is a, you guessed it, library book-themed boutique hotel located in New York City right by Grand Central Station and the New York Public Library. The hotel contains 10 floors of 60 rooms, all of which are themed to the Dewey Decimal Classification. For example, I stayed on the 5th floor, which represents the Sciences under the 500s. Some other themed rooms in the hotel include 800.001 Erotic Literature (for you “50 Shades of Grey” fans), 500.005 Dinosaurs, 800.005 Fairy Tales, 400.001 Slavic Languages, and 900.005 Geography & Travel. In addition, each room contains numerous books and decorations that fit the theme, with the entire hotel containing over 6000 books.
I stayed in room 300.005, dubbed “The Money Room,” representing the Money section under the Dewey Decimal System. The bookshelves in my room were stocked with all sorts of money and economic-themed reading material, with titles like “The Art of the Market” and photos on the wall like that of George Washington on the dollar bill. One of my favorite decorations in the room was the long pillow embroidered with the quote “Book Lovers Never Go to Bed Alone.”
When you stay at the Library Hotel, amenities include complimentary wi-fi, continental breakfast, evening wine and cheese receptions, refreshments in the Reading Room, and turndown service with Belgian chocolates and bottles water. I loved eating my breakfast each morning in the Reading Room, looking out the window at New York City and surrounded by books all around the room. Overall though, my favorite part of the hotel was probably the rooftop bar, aptly titled Bookmarks. The bar contains an outdoor section, with small trees and potted plants adding some greenery to the cityscape view. The indoor section looks like a greenhouse, and is perfect for those cold New York winter nights while still providing you with a city view. I loved it so much that the second morning of my stay, I took my breakfast up there and drank tea on the porch, enjoying the peace and quiet amongst the chaos of the city. If you’re a book lover, the Library Hotel cannot be missed, and there’s a room there for fans of any genre.
About the Hotel
The Library Hotel boasts over 6000 hand-selected books organized by the Dewey Decimal System. With a very central midtown Manhattan location, the hotel is within walking distance of The New York Public Library, Grand Central Terminal, The Empire State Building and Times Square, to name just a few. Take advantage of The Library Hotel Collection’s signature Continental Breakfast Buffet and evening wine and cheese reception in our Reading Room. Cappuccino, water, fruit, cookies and pastries are available in this space for our guests 24 hours a day. Also included with your reservation is complimentary WiFi and passes to the nearby New York Sports Club. Visit our indoor and outdoor rooftop, Bookmark’s Lounge, for literary themed cocktails and small plates.
The Reading Room
The Library Hotel’s Reading Room, located on the second floor, is available to guests 24 hours a day offering magnificent views of Madison Avenue and Library Way and featuring hundreds of books, with a selection of complimentary teas, coffee, cappuccino, espresso, cafe au lait, cookies and fruits always readily available.
Unwind with a book or socialize with fellow guests, the Reading Room is your own personal sanctuary from the bustling city streets.
Madison & Vine Restaurant
Madison & Vine, the hotel’s American Bistro and International Wine Bar serves breakfast, lunch, dinner and weekend brunch. Casually elegant, it’s one of the neighborhood’s most popular spots to enjoy a quick bite and a glass of wine or an exquisite meal.
Guest Rooms & Suites
petit room with full bed
deluxe room with King bed
deluxe room with queen bed
The Mythology Room features a King Bed and a large desk perfect for couples or a long stay. Located on the Religion Floor, which is the highest floor of the hotel, you can enjoy iconic City views of the New York Public Library and Madison Avenue among artwork and books based on mythology and ancient religions.
- Mini fridge
- Hair dryer
- In-room safe
- iHome Alarm clock & radio
- Bathrobe and slippers
- Cable TV & DVD player
- Gilchrest & Soames bath amenities
- Makeup mirror